The Yale University Young people scholarship is an intensive academic and enrichment programme aimed at supporting young Africans who are currently in the secondary school and planning to pursue a higher education as well as those wishing to make a meaningful leadership impact as youths.
To be eligible for the 2023 Yale Young African Scholars Programme at the United States, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 14 years old by application deadline (01 February 2023) in order to be considered. Please note that a typical YYAS student is between the ages of 15 and 18.
- Be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of an African country. Applications will also be accepted from refugees living in an African country.
- Be currently attend school in an African country.
- Be a current 11th grade student (or the international equivalent).
- If you attend school in the Northern Hemisphere, you must be graduating secondary school by latest May/June 2024. If you attend school in the Southern Hemisphere, you must be graduating secondary school by earliest November/December 2023 and no later than November/December 2024.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Yale Young Global Scholars on apply.globalscholars.yale.eduto apply
- Click APPLY NOW to start your YYAS application. Be sure to write down your email and password to access the application at a later time. The deadline to complete and submit the application is 01 February 2023 @ 11:59pm EST.
- Check the “Review” page of the application to see if you are missing any required components, and re-visit any pages that require further information.
- Once your application is complete, click on the “Review” page. Next click on the “Submit Application” button at the bottom of the page.
- Check your inbox for a YYAS confirmation receipt that indicates the successful submission of your application. Confirmation emails usually arrive within 24-48 hours of submission, due to occasional delays payment processing.
You will need to submit contact information for a parent/guardian, teacher, and/or official at your school. Reach out to them as soon as possible to review the PDF of a sample blank application with you, and be sure to collect the information you need.
For more details, visit Yale University website