Hamburg university of applied science scholarship are offered by Hamburg University of Applied Sciences to qualified international students pursuing Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees. The good news is that, with the exception of professional Master’s programs, Hamburg universities do not charge tuition to national or international students because the City of Hamburg finances degree programs there.
Requirement For Hamburg University Science Scholarship
- Applicants must be registered as HAW Hamburg students.
- Applicants must have either graduated from a Studienkolleg or have completed their schooling outside of Germany.
- Applicants must not be BAföG eligible.
- This program is not open to students in design degree programs.
To be eligible to apply for the scholarship, candidates need to fulfill the requirements listed below:
- You are an international bachelor student at the HAW Hamburg.
- You have already completed at least two semesters at the HAW Hamburg with a grade total of “very good” or “good”.
- You have completed your school education abroad or have successfully graduated form a Studienkolleg.
- You are not eligible for a BAföG loan (Federal Training Assistance Act). If you fulfill the criteria for a BAföG loan you are not eligible for the scholarship even if you do not actually receive the funding.
- Students from the courses Illustration, Communication or Textile Design cannot apply for the scholarship.
Application after the first study year: Applicants from the engineering* courses may apply when their grade is better than 2,9 when they have passed all exams or with a grade better than 2,5 if up to two subjects are missing. Applicants from the non-engineering courses need to have passed all exams so far. Their average grade must be “very good” or “good”.
How To Apply
Once you have gathered all the necessary documents, please upload them to the Application portal (Mobility Online) before the deadline. Be sure to allow yourself enough time. We will inform you about the outcome of your application within four weeks after the deadline.
T +49.40.428 75-9183
In-person office hours:
2nd floor / room 232
Thursdays: 2:00–5:00 pm or by appointment
Berliner Tor Campus
Stiftstr. 69 / Gebäude (Building) G
For more details, click here